It’s been awhile since I last took the time to write a piece of text longer than 140 chars 😛 So let’s take the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) 2011 as an occasion to update my blog.
Yah, I know, there’s some controversy around the contest, “European Neighbor Contest” etc, and honestly, I hadn’t even planned watching it this year. But what can I say, it got me again. I guess, being a musician myself, there’s no way around the biggest European music event anyway. So I watched (at least a major part of) it live and got myself the album afterwards.
After listening to it a couple of times, I gotta say there were a whole bunch of great songs in the contest this year. An accurate Top10 list is almost impossible to compile, but since Top10 lists are so popular on the internetz, I made an effort. So here’s my personal ESC 2011 Top10 (based solely on the songs themselves, not the live performances nor the YT-Videos):
- Coming Home / Sjonni’s Friends (Iceland) [YT]
- In Love For A While / Anna Rossinelli (Switzerland) [YT]
- New Tomorrow / A Friend In London (Denmark) [YT]
- The Secret Is Love / Nadine Beiler (Austria) [YT]
- Running Scared / Nikki & Ell (Azerbaijan) [YT]
- Never Alone / 3JS (The Netherlands) [YT]
- Change / Hotel FM (Romania) [YT]
- Que Me Quiten Lo Bailao / Lucia Perez (Spain) [YT]
[Strong contestant for the Summerhit-2011 Title btw!]
- One More Day / Eldrine (Georgia) [YT]
- Da Da Dam / Paradise Oskar (Finland) [YT]